ICI Safety Program
Our objective at ICI remains the same as always: to provide the highest level of culinary and gastronomic education and to immerse our participants in delightful Italian culture. The ICI Safety Plan is aimed at ensuring the well being of our participants and staff while still giving the unique experience we are known for.
The following are some details of the ICI Safety Plan
- Reduced number of participants for less density.
- All staff with the exception of cleaning staff will reside on the premises for the duration of the program. Cleaning staff will not have contact with participants.
- Body temperature with touchless laser thermometer required before entering premises.
- Cleaning protocols established: national and HACCP cleaning and disinfecting protocols have been established for the school and rooms.
- Signage is prominently displayed to promote awareness and understanding of safety protocols.
- Entry in ICI is limited to participants and staff with the only exception being necessary maintenance which will be done when participants are not on premises.
- Daily staff meetings to assess the local and national situation to inform participants daily.
- Extra chairs removed to enforce social distancing.
- Ala carte replaces buffet service at breakfast.
- Participants and staff are required to wear masks in all classrooms, labs, and common areas with the exception of the orator/instructor when properly distanced. Masks & face shields are provided by ICI.
- Floors and work areas are marked in meter intervals throughout the school.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the school.
- Dining tables, bar tops, and chairs will be cleaned after each use
- Flatware rollups will be used, and condiments will only be available in single use containers.
- Cooking will be both individually and team based as always. When teams are chosen, the maximum size will be three participants.
- Extracurricular field trips will be voluntary and transport will assure safe social distancing.